Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snow day

can you find the squirrel?  Mom did.  
It's snowing today.  One thing I love about my house is that  the North wall in the living room is all windows. On the South wall is a huge fireplace.  Mom's chair sits next to the fireplace so that she can get the heat from the fire, which she loves, and she can look out the windows and watch the birds at the feeders , the squirrels jumping from tree top to tree top, and today the snow drifting down.  There is something so peaceful about watching the snow fall.  It just makes for a quieter day. 


We are watching Joyce Meyer on TV,  and Mom being the age she is can't imagine a" Woman Preacher in Jeans".   I try to explain that in todays world she is trying to reach people right where they are, and today they dress casual and it's great to have a woman preacher  that reaches so many people. But...she's 88 so what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment